The Wrap Up: November Edition


Welcome to my monthly wrap-up! I hope that you've had a great month.

Please leave a link to your blog (if you have one) in your comment or make sure your Disqus profile has your address so that I can visit you back! 

I try to link all book covers to Goodreads or to my review (if there is one) which is in turn linked to Goodreads.


Wow. December. That came up fast.

I managed to check a few books off my reading list although I'm sitting steady at about 6 books behind schedule. It's not looking good to hit my target this year but the good news is that I've already set a lot of the books that I'd like to read throughout next year and I've decided to do a lot of the backlist series I'll keep saying that I'll read and never do. I'm also going to TRY keep my ARC pile to a minimum... Let's see how I go!

Here's a tentative list of the 'first in a series' that I really want to get into. Which should I get to first???

The Raven Boys-Maggie Stiefvater
Falling Kingdoms-Morgan Rhodes
Shatter Me-Tahereh Mafi
The Winner's Curse-Marie Rutkoski 
Daughter of Smoke and Bone-Laini Taylor
Burn for Me -Illona Andrews
The Falconer-Elizabeth May
Ink and Bone-Rachel Caine
The Bear and The Nightingale-Katherine Arden
Magic Bites-Illona Andrews
Kiss of Deception-Mary E Pearson
Poison Princess-Kresley Cole
The Emperor's Edge-Lindsay Buroker
The Star Touched Queen-Roshani Chokshi


Have you read any of these? Loved them? Hated them? Let me know in the comments below!




What I read:

 War of StormsDark Arts and a DaiquiriSeas of Crimson SilkAsh PrincessAssassin's Creed Infographics: Explore the Amazing History of the Assassin's Creed Universe36641742The Stories Behind the Magic
November was the month of Fantastic Beasts. I watched the first movie and read both my textbook and the 'Movie Making News' book. Now all I need to do it get to watching The Crimes of Grindelwald! 

What I am currently reading:

The Gilded WolvesEvermore
I'm currently buddy reading Evermore, the sequel to Everless with Amy and reading The Gilded Wolves by Roshani Chokshi.

Up Next:

2339568018180495The Antidote
Here's my attempt to get to a few of the newer backlist series that EVERYONE has been raving about and I've got one more ARC to close the year out. 

New Arrivals:

Dark Arts and a Daiquiri40590407
A huge thank-you to Annette Marie and Thomas Nelson

Reading Progress:


I managed to hold my reading progress steady in November: At least I didn't fall behind even further like in October! I also read more ARCs than anything else and the most I've ever read in a month. Also different in November was the fact that I had ZERO rereads! 

With November being heavy in ARCs I'm now at a total of 40% ARCs and a fairly even spread of re-reads and 'from my tbr' books although to be fair, some of my ARCs would have been 'from my TBR' even if I hadn't received review copies.



How was your month? Did you hit your reading goals? Did anything noteworthy happen? Have we read any of the same books?

Talk to me in the comments below!

Recent Reads:

Graceling
The Broken Destiny
Adulthood Is a Myth: A
Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy
Throne of Jade
Oxford Roald Dahl Dictionary
Starlight
Stress-Free Potty Training: A Commonsense Guide to Finding the Right Approach for Your Child
Moonbreeze
Redefining Girly: How Parents Can Fight the Stereotyping and Sexualizing of Girlhood, from Birth to Tween
Frostbite
Thunderlight
Firebolt
Amanzimtoti: The Ridge
The Curse of the Bruel Coven
Buzz Books 2016: Young Adult Fall/Winter
The Crown
A Court of Mist and Fury
Cruel Crown
A Court of Thorns and Roses


Di's favorite books »