The Wrap Up : August 2019 Edition


Welcome to my monthly wrap-up! I hope that you've had a great month.

Please leave a link to your blog (if you have one) in your comment or make sure your Disqus profile has your address so that I can visit you back! 

I try to link all book covers to Goodreads or to my review (if there is one) which is in turn linked to Goodreads.



I don't know why, but every time I feel like my life has a semblance of normality something comes along to knock it off course again. The past couple of months has seen a lot less reading and a lot more family involved stuff going on. My step-FIL was/still is in hospital getting his heart valve replaced, MIL is also now in hospital I think just because it's been so hard that she's mentally exhausted and this is now manifesting physically in her body. 

It's also been school holidays which means a lot more entertaining of the small one has been going on and amidst camping trips and just yesterday returning from a two week trip to Mauritius unfortunately reading, blogging and bookstagram have taken a serious back seat. GAH!

IN ANY CASE, mostly my reactions on my 'To Blog or Not to Blog' post led me to just take life as it comes and blog when I can. You guys have been amazing at still visiting and letting me be so hugely sporadic with reciprocating. THANK YOU to you all who are still here reading along and visiting me still. 


What I read:

Aurora RisingThe Girl the Sea Gave Back
Days of Blood and Starlight39296114
With all the travelling and general drama reading was seriously on the down side last month. I only managed to finish out four books. I absolutely loved Aurora Rising! And Uma and I managed to finish up Days of Blood and Starlight. Hopefully Dreams of Gods and Monsters is up soon on our buddy -TBR

What I am currently reading:

Angel MageNevernight
I'm currently working on an ARC of Angel Mage and I've picked up Nevernight again after my darling hubby bought me a physical copy because I seriously struggled too hard with the e-book. Numerous footnotes and an ereader ARE NOT FRIENDS! 

Up Next:

Spirit BoundSorcery of Thorns
Uma and I will be continuing our Vampire Academy reread and I am excited to read Sorcery of Thorns which I bought after a bookstagram friend gave it an amazing review.

New Arrivals:

Taming Demons for Beginners
Annette Marie's first book in The Guild Codex: Demonized came through as an ARC while I was in Mauritius and I devoured it! Review up soon and hopefully I'll be able to form coherent sentences... No promises.

Reading Progress:

I fell behind by a couple of books in August but September is going okay for catching back up so far! Generally I'm doing quite well with reading this year and I think I'll be able to hit my goal of 80 books.


How was your month? Did you hit your reading goals? Did anything noteworthy happen? Have we read any of the same books?

Talk to me in the comments below!

Comments

Recent Reads:

Graceling
The Broken Destiny
Adulthood Is a Myth: A
Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy
Throne of Jade
Oxford Roald Dahl Dictionary
Starlight
Stress-Free Potty Training: A Commonsense Guide to Finding the Right Approach for Your Child
Moonbreeze
Redefining Girly: How Parents Can Fight the Stereotyping and Sexualizing of Girlhood, from Birth to Tween
Frostbite
Thunderlight
Firebolt
Amanzimtoti: The Ridge
The Curse of the Bruel Coven
Buzz Books 2016: Young Adult Fall/Winter
The Crown
A Court of Mist and Fury
Cruel Crown
A Court of Thorns and Roses


Di's favorite books »