The Wrap Up: September 2019 edition


Welcome to my monthly wrap-up! I hope that you've had a great month.

Please leave a link to your blog (if you have one) in your comment or make sure your Disqus profile has your address so that I can visit you back! 

I try to link all book covers to Goodreads or to my review (if there is one) which is in turn linked to Goodreads.



Happy October everyone! I hope everyone is geared up for the last quarter of the year (I'm totally NOT!) and I hope that everyone had a great September. My September was a surprisingly good reading month for me with nine(yes NINE!) books read although I did read one of them twice (it still counts!). I've managed to successfully Bookstagram most of the month however I didn't really get to many blog posts.. Whoops! We'll see how October goes. 


What I read:

Taming Demons for BeginnersBlood PromiseAngel MageNevernightSpirit BoundDemon Magic and a MartiniSorcery of ThornsTaming Demons for BeginnersThe Alchemist and an Amaretto
I read Taming Demons for Beginners twice this month just because it was so good. Plus I reread Demon Magic and a Martini because I wanted to check up on some stuff after the spin-off came out. The Alchemist and an Amaretto I received at the end of the month and I devoured it in ONE evening. SO GOOD. 

What I am currently reading:

Last Sacrifice
Uma and I are finishing off our reread of Vampire Academy and then we'll move on to Bloodlines!

Up Next:

GodsgraveClockwork Angel
I need to pick up Godsgrave so I can finally get to Darkdawn because I need to know why everyone in the bookish community is in various states of shock, devastation and horror. I'm also planning on rereading The Infernal Devices so that I can finally move on to The Dark Artifices...

New Arrivals:

The Alchemist and an Amaretto
As I mentioned, I received this at the end of September and devoured it in one evening. That hardly ever happens! Book five of The Guild Codex: Spellbound DID NOT DISAPPOINT. 

Reading Progress:

I've actually manage to catch back up in September so I'm back on track to reach my goal of 80 books this year. Hopefully the last quarter goes well for me too! October's TBR is pretty ambitious although I'm really looking forward to Ninth House and The Beautiful.

I've had a fairly good spread of my own TBR plus ARCs so far this year and I've only reread 25% of books. I do love my rereading though so I'm not going to be limiting that. Another great stat for me this year is that I've had TEN new 5 star reads! That's ten really great books that I've read this year so far! 


How was your month? Did you hit your reading goals? Did anything noteworthy happen? Have we read any of the same books?

Talk to me in the comments below!

Comments

Recent Reads:

Graceling
The Broken Destiny
Adulthood Is a Myth: A
Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy
Throne of Jade
Oxford Roald Dahl Dictionary
Starlight
Stress-Free Potty Training: A Commonsense Guide to Finding the Right Approach for Your Child
Moonbreeze
Redefining Girly: How Parents Can Fight the Stereotyping and Sexualizing of Girlhood, from Birth to Tween
Frostbite
Thunderlight
Firebolt
Amanzimtoti: The Ridge
The Curse of the Bruel Coven
Buzz Books 2016: Young Adult Fall/Winter
The Crown
A Court of Mist and Fury
Cruel Crown
A Court of Thorns and Roses


Di's favorite books »