The Wrap Up: July Edition


Welcome to my monthly wrap-up! I hope that you've had a great month.

Please leave a link to your blog (if you have one) in your comment or make sure your Disqus profile has your address so that I can visit you back! 

I try to link all book covers to Goodreads or to my review (if there is one) which is in turn linked to Goodreads.


Happy August everyone. Boy this year is flying. I hope you all have a good month and manage to get all the reading done! I had a ridiculously busy and crazy July - dinners, birthdays and birthday parties (both adult and kids!), weekends travelling to watch polocrosse and not to mention some pretty big happenings on the work front. My step-father-in-law was also hospitalized with a suspected stroke/TIA but now they're leaning towards a brain infection. Major panic stations but hopefully we'll have an answer soon about what is going on.

With all the above going on I totally failed in the reading department in July... As you will see below. But for August I totally plan on slaying it.. Ha ha ha. We'll see what happens. I was also supposed to completely catch up on blogging and get around to all the blogs that I want to visit instead of just those I need to comment back on. Also a bit of a fail in that department but there's still hope for August, right?

The only bookish hobby I managed to kind of stay on top of was my #bookstagram. With 21 posts in July that was a pretty huge month for me so far! 




What I read:

Ruin of StarsThese Rebel Waves
The Cruel PrinceTo Kill a Kingdom
Unfortunately I had a couple of reading disappointments this month, which was extra tough considering how few books I actually managed to finish. Ruin of Stars and The Cruel Prince both didn't live up to my expectations but thankfully I loved These Rebel Waves and To Kill A Kingdom.

What I am currently reading:

Gentleman's Guide To Vice and VirtueThe Assassin's Blade
I'm almost done with Gentleman's Guide and I'm just picking up Assassin's Blade for the below mentioned ToG rereads.

Up Next:

ViciousFalling KingdomsDamsel
Catwoman: Soulstealer
Throne of GlassCrown of Midnight
Since my month was such a slow one reading wise, Falling Kingdoms didn't make it to my 'read' pile and is still on the 'TBR' shelf. Hopefully I'll get a chance to read it this month. I'm desperate to read Vicious because I need more Schwab in my life and Damsel is an ARC I cannot wait to dive into.

I'm super excited for my pre-order of Catwoman: Soulstealer to come through because, well, we all know I'm such a fangirl of Sarah J Maas! Speaking of, I've also joined a Throne of Glass re-readathon group on Instagram where we have a schedule of the lead up to the release of Kingdom of Ash. So I have some AMAZING books lined up. I just need to actually READ them this month.

New Arrivals:

35430702The Antidote
Between the Blade and the HeartFrom the Earth to the Shadows
Thank you so much Katherine Tegen, Harper Teen and PanMac Kids. 

I cannot believe I already have a 2019 book in my hands!? What has happened to this year? All of these books are ridiculously exciting for me. I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!

Reading Progress:



I'm now officially FOUR books behind schedule and desperately hoping to catch up. It's not only to reach the actual number on the goal that I have set for myself, but to be able to read all my arcs and fit in all my re-reads of books that I would like to read before the new releases come out.

And speaking of re-reads, I thought I should also chart how many new books I'm reading vs. how many books I am re-reading out of interests sake. I love reading and it is my hobby and I firmly believe that I need to read what makes me happy, but at the same time I also want to discover new possible favourites and if I'm constantly rereading I'm not allowing myself that pleasure. Rereads are approximately one third of my year's reading and I'm pretty happy with that (although that percentage may skyrocket with the re-reads for Throne of Glass!).


How was your month? Did you hit your reading goals? Did anything noteworthy happen? Have we read any of the same books?

Talk to me in the comments below!

Recent Reads:

Graceling
The Broken Destiny
Adulthood Is a Myth: A
Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy
Throne of Jade
Oxford Roald Dahl Dictionary
Starlight
Stress-Free Potty Training: A Commonsense Guide to Finding the Right Approach for Your Child
Moonbreeze
Redefining Girly: How Parents Can Fight the Stereotyping and Sexualizing of Girlhood, from Birth to Tween
Frostbite
Thunderlight
Firebolt
Amanzimtoti: The Ridge
The Curse of the Bruel Coven
Buzz Books 2016: Young Adult Fall/Winter
The Crown
A Court of Mist and Fury
Cruel Crown
A Court of Thorns and Roses


Di's favorite books »