The Wrap Up : July 2019 Edition



Welcome to my monthly wrap-up! I hope that you've had a great month.

Please leave a link to your blog (if you have one) in your comment or make sure your Disqus profile has your address so that I can visit you back! 

I try to link all book covers to Goodreads or to my review (if there is one) which is in turn linked to Goodreads.



Well, another month is over and I'm still not sure how we're not in January anymore! I need to resign myself to the fact that time flies and there's nothing I can do about it.

July was a bit of a crazy month for me so I didn't blog too much, even though I only just got back in the saddle, so to speak... But with a few family things going on I didn't have a lot of time to dedicate to much other than getting through our day to day life.

Other than becoming a bit more active on the blog again I also picked up my bookstagram account again and managed to make a couple of posts.




What I read:

Magic ShiftsKing of ScarsThese Divided ShoresRageMagic BindsMagic Triumphs
I finished off the 'Kate Daniels' series to the detriment of a couple of ARCs I was supposed to get through! However I still do have time to read those before the deadline so I'm glad that an entire series has been knocked off my TBR and I really enjoyed Kate, Curran, Julie and a whole host of the secondary characters. I'll maybe do a series review at some stage on the blog. 

What I am currently reading:

The Girl The Sea Gave BackDays of Blood and Starlight
I'm currently reading an ARC of The Girl The Sea Gave Back which is actually set in the Sky in the Deep universe and also has characters from that book but is more of a companion novel. I'm not too far into it yet but I'm so excited to keep reading.

I'm also buddy reading the Daughter of Smoke and Bone series with Uma 

Up Next:

Angel MageNevernightAurora Rising
I can't wait to dive into my ARC of Angel Mage (I love Garth Nix!!!) and I need to read both Aurora Rising (because everyone has raved about it and I loved their work on Illuminae!) and Nevernight so that I can catch up and be ready for Darkdawn!

New Arrivals:

Nothing new in this month

Reading Progress:


Pretty much exactly on target to reach 80 books by the end of the year. June wasn't a great reading month for me so I lost whatever lead I had.

Rereads have only been just over 20% of my reads so far this year which is low for me! I've mainly been hitting books off my own TBR. 


How was your month? Did you hit your reading goals? Did anything noteworthy happen? Have we read any of the same books?

Talk to me in the comments below!

Comments

Recent Reads:

Graceling
The Broken Destiny
Adulthood Is a Myth: A
Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy
Throne of Jade
Oxford Roald Dahl Dictionary
Starlight
Stress-Free Potty Training: A Commonsense Guide to Finding the Right Approach for Your Child
Moonbreeze
Redefining Girly: How Parents Can Fight the Stereotyping and Sexualizing of Girlhood, from Birth to Tween
Frostbite
Thunderlight
Firebolt
Amanzimtoti: The Ridge
The Curse of the Bruel Coven
Buzz Books 2016: Young Adult Fall/Winter
The Crown
A Court of Mist and Fury
Cruel Crown
A Court of Thorns and Roses


Di's favorite books »