Weekly Round Up #12



Here's my weekly roundup. I'm linking to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer and #IMWAYR hosted by Kathryn at the Book Date.


badge



Well I'm back in the land of technology (namely WiFi) and my blog couldn't be happier. :) I did however have a great tech free holiday with my family and I think that helped all of us unwind more than we would have had we still been tethered to our digital comms. It was a gorgeous stay in our 'mountains' and all the crisp and clean fresh air was wonderful.


I've been seriously back in the blogosphere and catching up on things slowly - I'm still getting around to all the wonderful blog posts that I missed from you all and sadly I'm going to be letting some slip through the cracks, but I'm trying to read them all if not leave comments.

I was thrilled to get my NetGalley percentage back into the 90s last week and although I have a lot of pre-reads to go before I get to Dawn Study I'm still trying to keep my requests down to nil for the rest of the year (all THREE (yup, only THREE) weeks of it).

Other than that we've just been gearing up for Christmas and prepping the two year old for Santa. I'm still not sure she's going to know exactly what is going on, but I know she will be thrilled with the presents! ;)


What I read last week:


Poison StudyAssassin Study


Magic Study by Maria V. Snyder

So far I've read the first two books in the Study series and the #1.5 novella in the series. I'm really enjoying them so far and look forward to being able to read more and more. Other than the (fairly reasonable) deadline on book #6 I'm glad that I have so many to read between now and then.

What I am currently reading:

Fire StudyWinterSong

#3 in the Study series is Fire Study which I'm so excited about. I've heard that #2 and #3 aren't as good as the next instalments to this series but I'm really enjoying them which kind of excites me as if they get even better than this I'm in for a real treat. 

Wintersong is one my most anticipated releases of H1 next year. I can't wait to get deeper into this one as it promises to be an amazing read.

Up Next:

Shadow StudyNight Study

The continuation of the 'Study' series and #1 in the Soulfinders Series. I'm not sure if I'm going to want to branch off into the 'Glass' series in the Chronicles of Ixia - has anyone else read these? Are they worth it?

New Arrivals:

Second Twin Big Little Lies

I'm excited to receive the fourth and most recent instalment of The Legend of Rhyme series from Blue Moon Publishers. I've been following this series from the beginning and after a slightly slow start (for me) with the first book I truly look forward to reading more.

Also new in this week is Big Little Lies thanks to Greg @ Book Haven. He's raved about it - I had to get it and now I just need to slot it into my reading schedule somewhere. I've also already been recommending it to other people to read because I just know it's going to be excellent.



And that's my week! How did yours go?

Comments

Recent Reads:

Graceling
The Broken Destiny
Adulthood Is a Myth: A
Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy
Throne of Jade
Oxford Roald Dahl Dictionary
Starlight
Stress-Free Potty Training: A Commonsense Guide to Finding the Right Approach for Your Child
Moonbreeze
Redefining Girly: How Parents Can Fight the Stereotyping and Sexualizing of Girlhood, from Birth to Tween
Frostbite
Thunderlight
Firebolt
Amanzimtoti: The Ridge
The Curse of the Bruel Coven
Buzz Books 2016: Young Adult Fall/Winter
The Crown
A Court of Mist and Fury
Cruel Crown
A Court of Thorns and Roses


Di's favorite books »