It's Monday! What Are You Reading? 8th August 2016

badge

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a weekly meme hosted by Kathryn at the Book Date and is a great chance to interact and of course to add to your TBR list (because it's never long enough!). 







And it's Monday again! How does that happen every single week? Last week was an extremely busy work week for me and this week I am off overseas for a few weeks but hopefully I will be able to keep up with the reading and manage to get some more reviews out!

In the meantime - here's my #IMWAYR roundup for last week.


What I read last week:

Cover: Sun and Moon - Desiree Williams
Rated : {★★★☆☆}

This one was a lovely book and a fast and amiable read. If you are looking for something light and quick and full of happily ever afters this is a good one! My review was posted last week.





Cover: Replica - Lauren Oliver
Rated : {★★★☆☆}
I received this ARC last week (thanks NetGalley and Hachette Australia!) and I just had to get started on it ASAP. Not only did I want to get it done and the review up prior to publication, but I already had this one on my TBR and I was looking forward to reading it!
It's a difficult one to read digitally as the ARC was a 'ready to print' PDF and one half of the book is upside down! However I did manage to read the book as I would have had I been holding a physical copy - alternating chapters between books. I'm thrilled that I did - I think it gave me far better perspective. I rated it 3 stars when I closed it but I'm still considering increasing this to 4 stars. I just can't decide. When I publish my review I will make a final decision.




What I am currently reading:


3042333027208808



Still working on 'And I Darken' - unfortunately I've just had to keep setting it aside in favour of books I need to review. Hopefully I can get it off my 'Current Reads' shelf soon. 

Immortal Writers I will pick up tonight and read a few chapters. Looking forward to this one!

Up next:

25494343
I have been wanting to read this one since it was released in March. In fact - I've been waiting for it's release since October 2013 (when I first added it to my GR shelf)! I held off because I wanted to finish the 'Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy' novellas and then, when I finally did that I just got too busy with other books. But enough is enough - I've heard too many good things and I love this world so I am going to pick this one up next. 

Comments

Recent Reads:

Graceling
The Broken Destiny
Adulthood Is a Myth: A
Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy
Throne of Jade
Oxford Roald Dahl Dictionary
Starlight
Stress-Free Potty Training: A Commonsense Guide to Finding the Right Approach for Your Child
Moonbreeze
Redefining Girly: How Parents Can Fight the Stereotyping and Sexualizing of Girlhood, from Birth to Tween
Frostbite
Thunderlight
Firebolt
Amanzimtoti: The Ridge
The Curse of the Bruel Coven
Buzz Books 2016: Young Adult Fall/Winter
The Crown
A Court of Mist and Fury
Cruel Crown
A Court of Thorns and Roses


Di's favorite books »