Weekly Round Up #47 : The One Where We Had a Fire


Here's my weekly roundup. I'm linking to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer and #IMWAYR hosted by Kathryn at the Book Date.

 The Sunday Post Meme

Please leave a link to your blog (if you have one) in your comment or make sure your Disqus profile has your address so that I can visit you back! 

I try to link all book covers to Goodreads or to my review (if there is one) which is in turn linked to Goodreads.


What a week! Earlier in the week we had a bit of a crazy fire that broke out around our warehouse office and we had to get the fire brigade in to sort it out! Thank goodness they were so efficient and organised.

 

Gym has been 'Endurance Week' so that's also been pretty tough! I feel good when I can complete the sets that the trainer tasks us with, but oh boy! I'm exhausted!

We've also been having a pretty serious heat wave with temperatures skyrocketing and hitting the mid 40s (Celsius that is!). That's too hot for me.

What I read:

The Tiger's DaughterChase The Dark
Unfortunately I didn't enjoy The Tiger's Daughter and my review won't be posted here on the blog however if you're interested it's on Goodreads.

I picked up Chase the Dark because I hadn't read this series yet and I just finished the first book of the prequel series - The Night Realm - and I LOVED it. 

What I am currently reading:


CressDividing EdenBind The Soul
Cress has been REALLY enjoyable. Loving this instalment of the Lunar Chronicles so far.
I had to get Bind the Soul as soon as I closed Chase the Dark!
I've only read the first chapter of Dividing Eden but I'm intrigued. 

Up Next:

I've thrown my entire reading schedule off by picking up the Steel and Stone series so I'm not even sure where I'm at with my 'next reads'! I'll probably be reading the rest of that series though. I'm loving it! 

New Arrivals:

Nothing this week!


And that's my week! How did yours go?

Recent Reads:

Graceling
The Broken Destiny
Adulthood Is a Myth: A
Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy
Throne of Jade
Oxford Roald Dahl Dictionary
Starlight
Stress-Free Potty Training: A Commonsense Guide to Finding the Right Approach for Your Child
Moonbreeze
Redefining Girly: How Parents Can Fight the Stereotyping and Sexualizing of Girlhood, from Birth to Tween
Frostbite
Thunderlight
Firebolt
Amanzimtoti: The Ridge
The Curse of the Bruel Coven
Buzz Books 2016: Young Adult Fall/Winter
The Crown
A Court of Mist and Fury
Cruel Crown
A Court of Thorns and Roses


Di's favorite books »