It's Monday! What Are You Reading? 25th July 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? 25th July 2016
badge
It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a weekly meme hosted by Kathryn at the Book Date and is a great chance to interact and of course to add to your TBR list (because it's never long enough!). 



Happy Monday everyone and I wish you all a great week of reading ahead!

What I read last week:


17331828
Rated {★☆}

I finished Talon early in the week and found it wanting, however I still find myself thinking about it and what will happen in the next book to come, so I know I will continue this soon. 


2
Rated {★}

I finally brought myself to finish HPaTOotP. Sadly, nothing has changed since the last time I read it and I still lost one of my favourite characters thus far. He was smiling and taunting and then bam - gone. I still got no happy resolution, no closure. It's too much like real life and once again I found myself in buckets of tears. Thanks J.K. Rowling, thanks a lot. 

30735913
Rated {★☆}
This one was a tough one to rate. When I closed the book I initially gave it 3 stars - I liked it, but I wasn't blown away by it. But then I got to thinking about who the intended audience was and how I might feel if I was still in that category. I decided to lift my rating to 4 stars because of this.

What I am Currently Reading:


2506464827190613

So ridiculously excited for both of these. I'm only about 6% through And I Darken and I'm already so absorbed. It's gritty and dark and delicious and I can't wait to read more. 

The Reader I managed to snag a copy through First To Read and I've only just opened the front page. I first saw this one in the YA Fall/Winter edition of Buzz Books 2016 and I've been eagerly anticipating this read since then. 

Up Next:

29607266

There is nothing in life that eighteen year old Zara craves more than her freedom. Stolen from her home in Cadrebia at the age of eight, Zara has spent more years than she cared to admit as a slave to the Tankadesh courts. Her days are filled with protecting the princess, while she spends nights entertaining the king and his officials with her mastery of weapons. Any spare moment in between, she plots escape.
Yet her hopes for freedom come to a crashing halt when a stranger arrives bearing the mark of her assigned lifemate, and he threatens war if she isn’t turned over into his care. But a lifemate is not part of the plan. Her dreams, of choosing her own path and being the master of her own will, weaken as her Moon seeks to claim his Sun.

I received a copy of this for review and while I've never heard of it before the synopsis sounded good to me so I am excited to see how this one reads. 

How did your week shape up?

Comments

Recent Reads:

Graceling
The Broken Destiny
Adulthood Is a Myth: A
Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy
Throne of Jade
Oxford Roald Dahl Dictionary
Starlight
Stress-Free Potty Training: A Commonsense Guide to Finding the Right Approach for Your Child
Moonbreeze
Redefining Girly: How Parents Can Fight the Stereotyping and Sexualizing of Girlhood, from Birth to Tween
Frostbite
Thunderlight
Firebolt
Amanzimtoti: The Ridge
The Curse of the Bruel Coven
Buzz Books 2016: Young Adult Fall/Winter
The Crown
A Court of Mist and Fury
Cruel Crown
A Court of Thorns and Roses


Di's favorite books »