It's Monday! What Are You Reading? 4th July 2016

badge

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a weekly meme hosted Kathryn at the Book Date and is a great chance to add to your TBR list (because it's never long enough!). 


What I read last week:


28954137
Rated {★★★★★} 
14069
Rated {★★★★☆}

Two very different books! But both of them were great. 

What I am Currently Reading:


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/125374263236307

These are two of the books I am featuring off my Current Reads shelf. The Broken Destiny is a NetGalley read and Graceling is something that has been on my TBR shelf for far too long. So excited that I have finally picked this one up!


Up Next:

17331828

I have recently discovered that I probably have a thing for Dragons - they may be my ultimate weakness as a reader and seem to be able to make the ordinary extraordinary. I have read some Julie Kagawa previously and absolutely adored her writing so this book has made to the 'Very Next Book I will Open' status!

How did your week shape up??

Comments

  1. Hey !
    That Broken Destiny cover is lovely ! Hope that you are enjoying both of those books! I am currently reading The Magicians and Night Draws In, and I hope I'll finish them this week :)

    "Book Addict"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Great to hear from you. I do have some coverly love for The Broken Destiny but very mixed feelings about the book so far. I'll have to see how it goes.
      The Magicians is on my TBR list! I can't wait to see your review.

      Delete
  2. Nice bunch of books. I have read Novik's, Cashore's, and Kagawa's. They were all good. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting. I'm heading over to your blog to check out your week!

      Delete
  3. Wow. The cover to Broken Destiny is beautiful. Its calling my name for sure. I Hope you enjoy your books this week. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You too!

      The Broken Destiny - The cover is lovely but unfortunately I've been struggling with it a little. Hopefully I'll finish it in the next few days so will post the review soon after.

      Have a lovely week.

      Delete
  4. I've been curious about Graceling, but then I read a free chapter or so via Amazon and I didn't really like the way it was written.

    But maybe it gets better further in the book, have you started it yet? I wonder what you think of it :)

    Oh my god, it's Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have started it! I haven't got very far with it yet but I have enjoyed the first bit that I have read. Unfortunately I've been more focused on The Broken Destiny which is a NetGalley read so I wanted to finish that one off first. If you keep tabs on my Blog you'll be able to see the review up a couple of days after I'm done reading it and who knows - maybe it will interest you?

      Headed over to your blog to see your round up now. Thanks for commenting. :)

      Delete
  5. I've heard great things about Graceling, but I do a pretty bad job of keeping track of (and reading) all the YA series. There are just so many of them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are! But also so many good ones. I'll review Graceling when I finish it and who knows? Maybe you will decide it's for you? xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Recent Reads:

Graceling
The Broken Destiny
Adulthood Is a Myth: A
Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy
Throne of Jade
Oxford Roald Dahl Dictionary
Starlight
Stress-Free Potty Training: A Commonsense Guide to Finding the Right Approach for Your Child
Moonbreeze
Redefining Girly: How Parents Can Fight the Stereotyping and Sexualizing of Girlhood, from Birth to Tween
Frostbite
Thunderlight
Firebolt
Amanzimtoti: The Ridge
The Curse of the Bruel Coven
Buzz Books 2016: Young Adult Fall/Winter
The Crown
A Court of Mist and Fury
Cruel Crown
A Court of Thorns and Roses


Di's favorite books »