Waiting On Wednesday: The Gift of Power - Tamora Pierce


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week I am highlighting an upcoming release by one of my very favourite authors - Tamora Pierce. I spent a lot of my teenage years with her books, especially her Tortall series and have been awaiting this release since I heard about it a number of years ago. The publications date keeps getting pushed back and, to the best of my knowledge, is currently expected as a Spring 2017 release. Whenever it is being release I know that I will be pre-ordering this one as soon as I can. 

Pierce is a wonderful author who writes strong and fierce females as well as equally strong and fierce and equality loving males. Numair Salmalin is one of those fantastic male leads that I am just dying to know more about - where did he come from? What was he like as a young and powerful mage training in Carthak?

If you haven't read any of her books yet, please do yourself a favour and pick one up! My personal favourite is the Tortall Universe which starts with Alanna: The First Adventure and there is also the Circle Universe which starts with Sandry's Book.




Blank 133x176
No Cover At the Date of Posting
The Gift of Power (Exile #1)

by 

From Goodreads:
In which we learn of Numair's last years at the university of Carthak, the beginning of his conflict with the newly-made Emperor Ozorne (Numair's best friend), his quick departure from Carthak, and how he survives afterward.

The Gift of Power (Exile, #1)


From Reddit:
"At the moment GIFT is scheduled for spring 2017. That may change, since I've just gone from a duet to a trilogy, but it will still be 2017. I will be apologizing for this for a while, but Numair's younger life was so complicated!"

Comments

  1. I still have yet to read a Tamora Pierce book... Because... Y'know, apparently I live under a rock!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give her a try - I love her version of feminism and her books in general.

      Delete
  2. I can't believe I haven't read anything by Tamora Pierce yet. But I will. Someday very soon. Thanks for sharing, and happy Wednesday! :)
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and yes, please do try a Tamora Pierce book - she's brilliant. I'll pop by your blog now to see your #Wow.

      Delete
  3. I've read the first Alanna book and I so enjoyed it so i'll need to read the series and catch up, but I love her writing :)

    Here's my pick for the week :)
    Here is a link to my blogoversary giveaway as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit. I have been over to your Blog already and love your pick.
      I would definitely urge you to carry on with the Tortall series - The Immortals with Daine is my absolute favourite and also features Alanna as a character. In fact... I can feel a reread coming on!

      Delete
  4. The name Tamora Pierce rings a bell but I haven't read any of her books! I'll definitely have to give her novels a try, especially if her stories are feminist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give them a try - just keep in mind they are middlegrade! ;) They are great books that show, especially for young girls, that your path is your own and you choose where it goes. The male protagonists are also wonderfully sensible and work as equals with their partners. Really fantastic stuff.
      Thanks for the visit!

      Delete
  5. This author is actually new to me but I'm intrigued by this book. Seems interesting but does sound like a spin-off from another of her release. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - it's a spin off in the Tortall universe. If nothing else I would recommend the Immortals series first which starts with Wild Magic. Happy Reading!

      Delete
  6. I haven't read this author either but I've heard good things. It sounds good even though I'm not familiar with her world, and I always love books that have a university as a setting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be interested to read your opinions if you ever do pick it up! I wonder if it would be your sort of read?

      Delete
  7. This one is new to me but it does sound rather interesting! Thanks so much for sharing it today!!
    Happy Reading! <a href="http://paulettespapers.com/?p=11230”>Dani @ Paulette’s Papers</a>

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw that Pierce had a new book publishing! I was really really young when her older books were published, but I have a feeling I will be reading this one. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a lovely week. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and for the comment.

      I think you would enjoy some Tamora Pierce! If you have a chance you should try pick up one of her series. They are super fast to read and are full of adventure.

      Delete
  9. Tamora Pierce is writing a new book????? I had NO IDEA... when I was 9 I used to read all of her books and nothing else xD my favourites were First Test and Sandry's Book, so I'm really looking forward to this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is!! Have you read The Lioness and The Immortals series? They are for sure my favourites, although Kel was also a wonderful character.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Recent Reads:

Graceling
The Broken Destiny
Adulthood Is a Myth: A
Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy
Throne of Jade
Oxford Roald Dahl Dictionary
Starlight
Stress-Free Potty Training: A Commonsense Guide to Finding the Right Approach for Your Child
Moonbreeze
Redefining Girly: How Parents Can Fight the Stereotyping and Sexualizing of Girlhood, from Birth to Tween
Frostbite
Thunderlight
Firebolt
Amanzimtoti: The Ridge
The Curse of the Bruel Coven
Buzz Books 2016: Young Adult Fall/Winter
The Crown
A Court of Mist and Fury
Cruel Crown
A Court of Thorns and Roses


Di's favorite books »