Read-A-Thon: Fantastically Diverse by Books.Bags.Burgers


I'm participating in my very first blogger Read-A-Thon and this one is run by Uma over at Books.Bags.Burgers.

For more info and/or to join this Read-A-Thon yourself please head on over to the Master Post. You can join anytime before 30 Jan.




I'm going to attempt to go 'Around the World' once in this challenge which is a level one participant where I will try to read one book from each category before the end of this read-a-thon (1st March).

Without further ado here is my TBR for this challenge:

(thanks Uma for the graphics for the category headers!)




Rebel Of The Sands
This was a 2016 release that I wanted to get to last year and is still on my TBR for this year. Persian fantasy mixed with a western theme in a YA package? I'm in!


The Wrath and The Dawn

This is a mega hyped book but it's one that I'm still dying to read and best of all it's a retelling of 1001 nights. :)



Black Snow
This one is one that is already on my review stack so I'm hitting two birds with one stone here but it is definitely a fantasy and it's definitely MM romance, so I feel it's meeting the requirements! ;)




An Ember in the AshesAnother hugely hyped book that I've missed so far but with a sequel now out I think this would be a perfect time to catch up.



The Hidden OracleRick Riordan has long written diverse MG fantasy and I can't wait to start this new series in the Percy Jackson universe. I'm sure there's going to be a huge amount of diversity in here.


Six of Crows
I've long had Leigh Bardugo on my TBR and for some reason I've just never been able to get around to her books. I'm not sure if it's entirely correct to read this one before I read Shadow and Bone (the first of The Grisha trilogy) but I do know this fits this category!



Star Touched Queen

This was another huge 2016 release that I just haven't got to yet and I can't wait to read. It's always scary considering the hype but it must be read!





Hopefully I'll be able to get through all of these before the end of the read-a-thon and hopefully they all meet the category criteria but regardless they will all stay on my TBR. Diversity in writing is something that I would like to read more of and I can't wait to see how these books turn out for me.



Do you like diverse books? Does diversity in fantasy make for better world building? Do you have any other suggestions for my TBR?

Comments

Recent Reads:

Graceling
The Broken Destiny
Adulthood Is a Myth: A
Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy
Throne of Jade
Oxford Roald Dahl Dictionary
Starlight
Stress-Free Potty Training: A Commonsense Guide to Finding the Right Approach for Your Child
Moonbreeze
Redefining Girly: How Parents Can Fight the Stereotyping and Sexualizing of Girlhood, from Birth to Tween
Frostbite
Thunderlight
Firebolt
Amanzimtoti: The Ridge
The Curse of the Bruel Coven
Buzz Books 2016: Young Adult Fall/Winter
The Crown
A Court of Mist and Fury
Cruel Crown
A Court of Thorns and Roses


Di's favorite books »