Weekly Round Up #16



Here's my weekly roundup. I'm linking to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer and #IMWAYR hosted by Kathryn at the Book Date.


badge



Finally back at home for a week at a time and it's been great! I've had a bit of normalcy in my life for the first time in a while. Sometimes just being at home is exactly what I need to re-center myself, revive and recharge. 

Last week I posted a couple of challenge/read-a-thon posts that I am participating in this year to try meet my bookish resolutions for 2017. If you missed it have a look at the posts below:

What I read last week:


Breath of Fire

I only actually managed to complete one book this week but I've made progress on a few and I feel like it's been a better week for reading overall. 

Breath of Fire was another five star for Bouchet from me. I just love the snarky humour and non stop action. Not quite as good as her first book, but still an awesome sequel. My review will come soon. 

What I am currently reading:


 Dawn Study ScarletThe Hidden Oracle

Still working on The Chronicles of Ixia with Dawn Study which I actually managed to really start and get into this week, still buddy reading Scarlet (book 2 of The Lunar Chronicles) and I've finally started my Fantastically Diverse reads beginning with The Hidden Oracle (Diverse MG Fiction category).

Up Next:


Black Snow

This one is hitting a number of birds with one stone - it's on my review pile, it's a book on my TBR for my Fantastically Diverse readathon AND it's part of my #LetsReadIndie challenge - not to mention my excitement for reading it and the fact that it's been on my personal TBR since Kristen @ Metaphors and Moonlight reviewed it a while ago. 


New Arrivals:

Buzz Books YA 2017Strange The Dreamer

I love Buzz Books and can't wait to steal some reading time to go through all of these little treasures to add to my TBR. 

I have only just featured Strange The Dreamer as my Waiting On Wednesday and by some stroke of luck I managed to secure an ARC of this exciting upcoming release! I'm THRILLED!

Around The Blogosphere:

Danya @ Fine Print discusses : Does Your Mood Impact Your Reading?
Kristen @ Metaphors and Moonlight is compiling a Sci-Fi/Fantasy Books with Disability Masterlist!



And that's my week! How did yours go?

Comments

Recent Reads:

Graceling
The Broken Destiny
Adulthood Is a Myth: A
Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy
Throne of Jade
Oxford Roald Dahl Dictionary
Starlight
Stress-Free Potty Training: A Commonsense Guide to Finding the Right Approach for Your Child
Moonbreeze
Redefining Girly: How Parents Can Fight the Stereotyping and Sexualizing of Girlhood, from Birth to Tween
Frostbite
Thunderlight
Firebolt
Amanzimtoti: The Ridge
The Curse of the Bruel Coven
Buzz Books 2016: Young Adult Fall/Winter
The Crown
A Court of Mist and Fury
Cruel Crown
A Court of Thorns and Roses


Di's favorite books »