Weekly Round Up #17



Here's my weekly roundup. I'm linking to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer and #IMWAYR hosted by Kathryn at the Book Date.


badge




Last week was a pretty good week! I moved offices to a bigger, quieter and cooler office and settled in nicely. We went to our local monthly pub quiz night and our team managed to come first (I'm not sure how! We obviously had an eclectic mix of knowledge amongst us team members). 

I managed to get a couple of books finished and I even managed to post a few reviews last week so I'm slowly catching up. This week ahead is going to be a truly busy one so I'm a little worried about that, but hopefully I manage to stay on top of everything. 

What I read last week:

 Dawn Study Scarlet

After six study books I'm not really sure if I can cope with a life without Ixia in it, so I might go back to read the Glass series... 

I finished my buddy read of Scarlet and now can't wait to dive into Cress. I'm definitely becoming a Lunar Chronicles fan.

What I am currently reading:


The Hidden Oracle

I'm really enjoying reading a Riordan book again. There's just something so easy about his writing and with this one is from Apollo's POV (he's being punished by Zeus by being made mortal after the events of the last series). I'm reading this one for the Fantastically Diverse read-a-thon and I love seeing how he's made his MG fantasy series so wonderfully diverse from the very beginning. There's characters from all walks of life and of all sorts of sexual orientations which is just great to read about and something that MG readers should be exposed to in a way that isn't preachy or judgemental.

Up Next:

The Wrath and the DawnBlack Snow

Black Snow I've spoken about before - I'll hopefully be picking it up tomorrow at the latest. The Wrath and the Dawn is another off my Fantastically Diverse read-a-thon TBR.

New Arrivals:

Dream Me

Oh NetGalley... I just can't seem to help myself. Dream Me does however sound really interesting and is in the new BuzzBooks YA edition. I can't quite decide what this is - YA Fantasy of some sort I think... Dystopian? Paranormal? There's definitely romance in there. I guess I will find out!

Around The Blogosphere:

Nereyda discusses : How to support books if you don't buy books
Cait @ Paper Fury discusses : How to Find Time to Read More


And that's my week! How did yours go?

Comments

Recent Reads:

Graceling
The Broken Destiny
Adulthood Is a Myth: A
Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy
Throne of Jade
Oxford Roald Dahl Dictionary
Starlight
Stress-Free Potty Training: A Commonsense Guide to Finding the Right Approach for Your Child
Moonbreeze
Redefining Girly: How Parents Can Fight the Stereotyping and Sexualizing of Girlhood, from Birth to Tween
Frostbite
Thunderlight
Firebolt
Amanzimtoti: The Ridge
The Curse of the Bruel Coven
Buzz Books 2016: Young Adult Fall/Winter
The Crown
A Court of Mist and Fury
Cruel Crown
A Court of Thorns and Roses


Di's favorite books »