Review: Lirael - Garth Nix

47624

Lirael (Abhorsen #2)

by 

Rating {★★★★☆}

What a solid second book in what is shaping up to be a truly awesome series. 

I had my doubts when reading Sabriel, but I fell in love with the world, with Sabriel, with Touchstone and Mogget and the very unique magical system that Nix developed. 

Lirael was a slightly more sprawling book with a LOT of setting up for the third book (which I would recommend having in hand to read as soon as you finish Lirael!). The characters are a little angsty, a little irritating and some of the premises for the third book are a little hazy here, but I am sure this is intentional. 

Despite all of this, I still fell in love with Lirael, Sameth, especially the Dog and I am harbouring deep fears for the tertiary characters in this book (including Sabriel and Touchstone). 

I cannot wait to pick up the third book in this series and I am sure it is going to be devoured in some very late night reading.

See more of my reviews of books in this series:


←Sabriel (Abhorsen #1) Abhorsen (Abhorsen #3)→

Comments

Recent Reads:

Graceling
The Broken Destiny
Adulthood Is a Myth: A
Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy
Throne of Jade
Oxford Roald Dahl Dictionary
Starlight
Stress-Free Potty Training: A Commonsense Guide to Finding the Right Approach for Your Child
Moonbreeze
Redefining Girly: How Parents Can Fight the Stereotyping and Sexualizing of Girlhood, from Birth to Tween
Frostbite
Thunderlight
Firebolt
Amanzimtoti: The Ridge
The Curse of the Bruel Coven
Buzz Books 2016: Young Adult Fall/Winter
The Crown
A Court of Mist and Fury
Cruel Crown
A Court of Thorns and Roses


Di's favorite books »